Sunday, April 28, 2013

Landfill to Lovely Series



I'm starting a new series called "Landfill to Lovely" where I take items found at the thrift store that nobody wanted! I try to keep my eye out for unique and fun patterns, that could be modern, only they are usually in the form of some hideous 80s or 90s skirt or dress. With a little creativity and a few snips I am going to refashion these items into something completely fresh, new,modern and LOVELY! The landfill part comes in where I hit up the thrift store on the 50% off day...so it's the stuff so (seemingly) awful it's just been sitting there, and is about to end up at the pound store, and most likely eventually in a landfill! If you look for nice heavy, durable fabrics like snazzy polyester (seriously, this stuff could survive the apocalypse!) it will hang nice if your turning it into a scarf or something to wear. It's so fun when I go to check out because I know the employees are thinking "what on earth is she doing with this?" haha -- or maybe not! I'm such a dork...I get all giddy and wait for them to ask me what I'm going to do with it...but they don't...hmm...
I looove thrifting! :)

I have several fun projects coming up soon (including an awesome leopard infinity scarf from a long 90s skirt)! Stay tuned!
Do you have any challenges for me? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment