Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Scream, You Scream!...



We all scream for dairy & nut free ice cream!


Allergy friendly ice cream and treats can get expensive! One of my favorite things to do is to get Trader Joes Organic Soy Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream, and add in toppings like they do at Cold Stone Creamy. It's seriously half the price ($2.99) for a tub double the size of the other flavored soy ice cream brands, that are $6.00 and up. We add in our favorite toppings like Oreos and marshmallows and stir in a bowl or cup. The majority of store bought ice cream cones are are dairy, egg, and nut free, so this makes for an awesome summer time treat!

I can even whip of my own version of a Chik Fil A cookies and cream milk shake. Just add some vanilla soy ice cream in a tall cup, crumble in some oreos, and pour in a little rice milk (or your milk of choice) and mash and stir it all up with a fork, adding more milk until you get the consistency you like. It is soo good! I think I am going to go make one now!...

No comments:

Post a Comment